Friday, November 27, 2009

November. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

November sucked, no word of a lie! Here it is the day after Thanksgiving and I am finally writing in my blog. Don't get me wrong, there was some good, but the bad outweighed the good. And for my birthday, the worse news of the month came the day before, so forget this one. Here is the abridged version, in "low down" form.

The Good:

-Thanksgiving came and showed me how good a time I can have with my family. I was able to reflect on what I do have and what I am Thankful for. IE, family, friends, my husband's job, the roof over my head and my faith.

-Hubby finally got a running vehicle in the form of a 1990 Ford F-150. Which for a Chevy guy was hard,but the deal was too good to pass up and it is in mint condition. No more picking up Mom day after day so we can use her Jeep.

-Got to see New Moon in the theater.

-Got some deals on EBay for Christmas.

-Went to good friends wedding

-Talked to J this past week



The Bad:

-The mortgage company called the first of the month and demanded that all back payments that had been deferred in a past forbearance agreement be paid in full by the 23rd of the month. They also could not account for money that had been sent weekly under said agreement for the last year. The total due: $8,856.63(The lady did wish me happy birthday though)

-In order to pay demanded money hubby's 401K was emptied to the tune of $11,500 after tax penalties. To be told by mortgage company we still might not be able to keep the house because of my unemployment status.

-My dog came down with "flu", which gave her a temp and she could not walk and resulted in vet bills totaling $165.00 ( out of said 401k money) and a week of worry.

-Toilet started to leak into laundry room , must have bathroom fixed, total yet to be determined.

-Unemployment claim denied by the DUA, due to employer response.

-Had to file for a hearing with the DUA(which scares the hell out of me)

-Had to start Christmas shopping (decided that the boys are number one priority and all others will get homemade baked goods, but must use said 401k money)

-No calls from any job applications filled out, there seems to be no jobs out there. (never heard from Tantasqua School district again)


The Ugly:

See above with the addition of, the fact that my mother still wants me to drive her everywhere even when she now has full access to her car, after the two years she has complained about the use of her Jeep by us. (She is afraid of driving in the dark and the coming snow)


Well, I guess when you write it all out the good and bad are about even. But I feel a turn around coming, I feel a peace seeping in that comes with the acceptance of ones situation. I will need to make a budget for the coming year and stick to it, and put a lot in god's hands. And I knew when hubby bought home that Ford Wagon he would never fix it. It sat and continues to sit, for he never would be happy until he had another truck. Now I have to get that car out of here. And what we have left of that 401k money I will put away for future mortgage payments and the bathroom.(cost yet to be determined) Maybe November was not as bad as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment