Friday, January 22, 2010

Children's Friend

I really am happy with D's new councilor and the whole staff at Children's friend. It took me 6 months to get him in there, but man what a great place. His councilor, Nicole, is awesome. I have meet with her on my own, with Hubby, and yesterday she meet D, and they hit it off. Aspbergers/Autistic spectrum disorders and kids is her specialty and she is...well I can not say enough good about her! She got more out of him than the other 2 combined did. Next week we are going to come up with a set of goals and a treatment plan and I am just so excited about this. I think she is going to be a good fit for D. Children's Friend is a United Way supported organization that specializes in children and their families with emotional and social disabilities. As well as adoption and grief counseling services. I wish I had known about them at the start of my journey, but wrong turns can sometimes lead you in the right direction. I will be updating his progress as we go along. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment