Monday, May 31, 2010

It must be love!

I had to write this post while it was fresh in my mind. I have never been to a wedding shower like the one for my brother last night! Though it was billed as a Jack and Jill shower, it was more like a wedding reception. From interesting things like raffles and pay to see who gets a pie in the face, to cutting the cake and feeding it to each other before a first dance, it just seemed over the top to me. Not to take anything away from them, I find my sister in law to be to be really sweet, it was just odd! I don't know if I like her parents or not. Granted I met them for the first time last night, and it was brief, but it seems her mom is running the show. And after finding and introducing myself to a couple of the other bridesmaids, I found them a little fake. Too much enthusiasm, again over the top. I found the whole thing so unlike my brother. He does not like to be the center of attention any more than I do. He likes to be left alone. And here he was kissing cheeks and hugging people. At one point he said to me, "I just show up when and where they tell me!" But he looks happy! It is really strange. I have yet to figure out what is going on here. I am kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop. If this was the shower, will the wedding be anti-climatic? Or are we in for something MORE? Her mom put together this slide show that was really nice. My mom had given them pictures of my brother and the family when he was younger and growing up. As I watched it, and saw my dad, I was tearing up. It is nice that they are including all us. I just wish I had been formally introduced to the other bridesmaids and family and I wish I felt a little more included. I don't want her mom to think I am not willing to help. The other thing that peeves me off is that my mom has not offered to pay for one thing! Not one iota of a thing! She is just blundering along and oh, oohing. Just put the offer out there lady, they might not even take you up on it. I just don't want my bother and my side of the family to look like a charity case! One more thing, I wrote my brother a personal letter sealed and enclosed in his card. The letter was about how I want us to be closer and apologizing for any wrong I might have done that caused us to grow apart. And how proud I am of him and happy he is my brother. I hope that was okay. He will probably hate me more...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment