Monday, September 6, 2010

In D's head: Part 5

Well, in the midst of all the war, life goes on. Last week we finally had our appointment with Dr. Mirsky, the psychiatrist from Children's Friend. He is great! Can not say enough good about him. After all the wrong fits we had he was just wonderful with D. Nicole was able to sit in on the session so that made D feel even better about the whole thing. The bottom line, he feels that yes D is ADHD and has a learning disorder, probably NVLD. But other than that he also feels he is suffering from anxiety and a mood disorder. And a social anxiety disorder that can create a lot of the things we are seeing. So he put him on Zoloft. Well, Zoloft for a seven year old you might say. Yeah, I had the same reaction. But the good outweighed the bad and after discussion and prayer on it, I decided to give it a go. We are about 5 days into it, and so far no discernible effect. It can take up to two weeks to see a effect anyway. But no adverse reactions either. The dose is pretty small for now, it's a work in progress. I am keeping my fingers crossed that after four years of trial and error and finding the right providers and meds that this might be the one. I have a good feeling.

D spent the weekend holed up at the Spencer fair with T and the other kids from 4H. He showed his cow and won third place in his class.(I was so proud!) It was a good experience for him. I had some reservations about how T was letting him go off by himself and some issues with how T kind of shortchanged C this weekend. And I also felt we were not welcome the times C and I went. D just wanted T all to himself and resented when we came. And T falls for it. I mean it awesome they spend quality time together, but don't forget about C. And I have to say I was a little jealous! It was the first time he did not need momma there! I can see how with boys they grow up and they need mom less and less.....pity fest for a minuet! I felt bad, C and I went home for a few hours today to eat and relax and were going to go back for the demo derby. C really wanted to see it. Well we go back, D makes a comment like "Oh great Sissy train is back" and than we could not get a seat to watch the derby and some guy got snippy with us for standing in front of him. So I got a little snippy with C and C never got to see the derby. I really have to watch the snippy behavior, I get like that. But C is so great to spend time with. We were together a lot this weekend. I am going to have to do a C post.

So keep your fingers crossed about this new treatment plan with D. Updates will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment