Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blog Roll

So I decided I am going to start blog rolling. What is a blog roll you may ask? Well in short a blog roll is simply a list of links to other blogs. The list can be static (doesn't change), or dynamic ( feed) that shows the latest updates.

So why do I want to blog roll? Well, it makes following other blogs easier. It allows for networking between bloggers, and makes it easier for cross promotion. I am interested in blog rolling with other writers mainly, but would love to blog roll with anyone who I connect with.

The next question....how do I start to blog roll? Start by offering to blog roll with your friends.  Add their link to your blog roll and have them do the same with yours on their blog roll. Then, as you develop relationships with other bloggers, ask them if they’d like to blog roll with you. Of course, you can add blogs to the list without their permission, but blog rolls work best when both parties agree to link each other.

I found out about this from an awesome blog "Rainy of the Dark", (you should really check it out) and she invited me to be on her blog roll. The truth is the more you network with other bloggers and writers, the better your exposure and the chance for your blog to go viral. Exposure is what you want..to get your name out there. Than someone can say, "yeah, I read some of her stuff on the web. She's pretty good,lets give her manuscript a try." (A girl can dream can't she?)

So check out my blog roll and if you are interested in blog rolling with me, write me a comment and I will get back to you. Happy Blogging!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you decided to blog roll. And thanks for the support! :)

    Best luck!

    //R

    ReplyDelete