Friday, March 25, 2011

Twitterview!!!!

So today at 4PM eastern I am being "twitterviewed" by Novel Publicity. Log on to http://www.twitter.com/ and search #emlyn. We will be talking about my blog, my novel and all things writing.

April will be a busy month as I will be review "The Journey" by Joel Peterson for Emlyn's website the Ambitious Ambique, and joining in my first ever blog tour for Novel Publicity with the book "The King Whisperers". You can find out more about the book by going over to http://www.novelpublicity.com/.

Other than that I am really annoyed with myself that my book is taking so long to write. In a perfect world I would lock myself in my house for a whole weekend and finish the thing! I know where it is going, how I want it to end, and have the notes all written. It's finding the undisturbed time to write. And having to re-write three chapters just killed me. Although I think they turned out better. I just so want to get it done!(But than I would need the money for Novel Publicity to edit and query it. Saving up for that)

I am just about done reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. I don't know if I am going to review it or not. I am just struck by the complexity of the characters, the story, and the meaning. It is not what I expected, and every movie adaptation and Dracula spin off since than has totally been off the mark. The book is deep and peppered with meaning and nuance. And I see a little push for women's equality in the setting of the end of the Victorian era. It is amazing the many different takes on Vampires in literature, and tracing back to beliefs of people in that region of  Western Europe. Well, before I go off on a Vampire thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment