Tuesday, September 20, 2011

So What's Coming up With The Books

Just to update all. I have a couple of reviews coming up the next few months, and one of them is really special to me. This week I will be posting my review of the Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. Next month, I will be participating in the blog tour for Wired by Martha Randolph Carr (October 7th) In November I have two blog tours coming up as well. On the 21st I will be reviewing A Love By Any Measure by Killian McRae. I will also be interviewing Killian for that post and I am so excited. I have worked with her before reviewing 12.21.12 and she is a great writer and a nice person.

The one that has me most excited is the blog tour and review of my mentor's book,  Farsighted by Emlyn Chand.  Emlyn runs Novel Publicity and does countless other consulting and publicity work, as well as writing this great paranormal YA book. I have read the first chapter and can not wait to get my hands on the PDF. Emlyn has been so supportive of me and my writing, and getting this blog where it is, that I can not wait to see her succeed. Check out her website, http://www.novelpublicity.com/ , to find out more about the blog tours and Farsighted.

That has me thinking about how great the Indie Book movement and Indie publishing is right now. It's a great time to be a writer and get your work out in unconventional ways, but ways that get it to the masses. I have met some great writers who have successfully self published awesome books. (Check out In Leah's Wake, Bridges, and The Trust to start. The are all reviewed here on my blog.)  It gives me great hope for my own work. Since we have great people like Emlyn and Novel Publicity behind us. Now I just have to get off my butt and finish my novel.

It also has me rethinking my stance on e-readers. As much as I love paper books, it would be so much easier to review advance copies with an e-reader. Also alot of indie publishers only publish to electronic formats and I have to read books on my computer to review them, or miss out. It's not necessarily the bad thing I thought it was a few months back. The more success your book has in the new electronic formats the more likely you will get your work out, and faster than a traditional publishing house. There is so much to think of in the world of writing and publishing right now. I could go on and debate it with myself for ever. So I better start saving my pennies for a Kindle or a Nook. And start finishing that novel!

So keep checking back. I promise to get back to posting more regularly. Get my head out of the clouds, and get my writing priorities straight. Now watch this trailer for Farsighted.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow. Thanks for the kind words and the excitement. I had no idea you considered me a mentor. I'm flattered (wipes tear from eye).

    Two things are for sure:

    1) You must get an eReader, and
    2) You must finish your novel

    I've really seen your writing grow since you first signed on as a tour host. Can't wait to see where it takes you!

    Emlyn :-)

    ReplyDelete