Saturday, September 24, 2011

Wake Me Up....I must Be Dreaming

Image Detail

We all know that I can be a bit of a drama queen. I tend to let my mind run away with things and get really worked up. And  a lot of times I let my emotions get the best of me. I wear my heart on my sleeve and try really hard. The little girl who needs to be accepted and liked never really left me. She just lingers inside me.  That's how I found myself at Howe Park this afternoon crying my eyes out. But sometimes after a good cry I have some new perspective. I can't say with great certainty that today was one of those days, but it did get better.

It got better because of a IM that lead into a phone call, that lead to a surprise offer from Emlyn. I don't want to go into too much detail without everything be said and done, but to be thought of by Emlyn to be her assistant, wow! She has been great to me ever since I made contact with her on a message board last year. From getting my blog up to snuff, dispensing countless pointers, twitterviews, and the opportunity to review books for Novel Publicity, she has just been great. To use her term, I am all "warm fuzzy" that she thought of me to help with the work load at Novel Publicity. And be involved with her books and business at that level. What I am going to learn from her is going to be priceless. And to finally have a "job" connected to my writing and my love of writing is just...well, it's just what I have always dreamed of.

So instead of sitting here and writing the post I thought I was going to about depression lurking around the corner, I am writing about this new direction my writing is taking me. Of how I need to finish my book. And how excited I am to start this endeavor. This call could  not have come at a better time. And her faith in me could not have come at a better time.  It makes Farsighted coming out even that much more special to me. I am still searching for that perspective on some things, but right now, I am going to go search out a kindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment