Friday, November 4, 2011

I am Back!


Wow. I feel like I have been gone from here for ever. This has been the longest week, full of disruptions, darkness, and at time chaos. I don't think any of us were prepared for a  snow storm that would knock out power and cable for a week, at the end of October.  I am a New Englander born and raised, and that one was a first for my 35 years. (And the first time in my memory they "cancelled" Halloween.)

When it started I didn't think it was going to be that bad. The snow was heavy, but it was October after all. Than the lights started to flicker, and flicker for longer periods, than go off and on. The TV went out, the wind picked up, and the tress dropped. And as one day turned into two, I kept thinking the power would be fixed in no time. Yah, I was dreaming!

So here we are first week of November and we have used 5 snow days for school . If this is any indication of the winter ahead we better hold on for dear life. I certainly need to come up with some kind of plan because I can not keep calling into work all winter when they cancel school. If I even have a job left after all this. It is so hard to try and find someone to watch the boys. Even my mother in law declined. Just some more things to add to my stress. Maybe if I had a husband who chipped in a little more. But that is post for another day.

Well, I had a post planned on Edgar Allen Poe for Halloween, a couple of book reviews in the works, and one other short story post. So I have a lot of catching up to do. (I also have a inbox filled with blog host apps for Novel publicity.) But for now I am just enjoying having my power back to reliable, a warm house, and the guests gone. I love opening up my house to friends and family, but it's also great to be back in the normal routine. Because as any parent of a child with special needs knows, even a minor change can bring upheaval.

In the upcoming week I have a guest post from Emlyn Chand on the 9th, I will be reviewing Overbite by Meg Cabot hopefully this weekend, and I am planning for the blog tour of A Love By Any Measure, which is the new book by Killian McRae. So check back often and baring any more freak blizzards we should be in business. Stay warm my friends. And don't forget to change your clocks back this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So Glad you are back!!!! I can't wait to catch up:)

    ReplyDelete