Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Writers Block



I am hitting my first major bump in the road with my book. I am sitting here staring at the screen, not liking the chapter I just wrote, and not knowing how to get from where I am to the next point I want to be. This is the first time in 102 pages this has happened. I am following my outline, I am on track with my notes, I just can't wrap my head around it.

I am hoping it's just that my mind is spinning with a thousand other thoughts. From kids to work, to Novel Publicity, maybe my brain is just on overload. I gave myself a fist of the year deadline for the rough draft to be done, and ever since than I have slowed. I am thinking that the deadline was not a good idea.

Could it be I over thinking things? Maybe try to clear my mind of all the clutter and get back to the beginning. I am not even participating in NaNoWriMo and I am feeling the end of November dread.

So my writer friends, how do you get past writer's block? Do you think it through? Write through it? Or do you sit and obsess over it. There has to be a way.  Maybe if I lock myself in my office, and soundproof the room while I am at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment