Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bring On the Books!!





Recently I have been trying to get myself back into the world of the living. The last few years have really pushed me down and effected my writing, and I need to get through the cloud and back into the sun. It could be a product of poor choices, stress, life circumstances, or a combination of all three. But this is a book blog. So I will not bore you with the mundane details. Just know that the words will be flowing again.

Right now I am in the process of reading three books for blog tours and  two just for the heck of it. I found out by challenging my mind and filling it with words it kind of calms the other stresses. This coming week I am participating in the blog tour for Sykosa by, Justin Ordonez. (Which was a challenging book for me to get through. I will detail more on that later this week.) I am also reading Tallis by, M.C. Rae for a May book tour. I have also given into my curiosity and started reading Fifty Shades of Gray by, E L James. (Once I started it I realized I had read some of it before, in a past life as a Twilight Fan Fic piece. Which will bring on a post about Fan Fiction.) And I am reading Fallen in Love a companion book to the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. Books really are there for me when I need them.

So I was wondering how many of us read more than one book at a time. It is so much easier with my Kindle. They are all right there at my finger tips to flip from one to the other. And surprisingly, it's easy to keep all the characters straight. Like watching a couple different mini-series at a time.  And before I know it, it's two o'clock in the morning and I have finished a few and traveled on to others.  Jumping from one world to another, and gaining some clarity subconsciously on the way. I almost forget what my stress was. Almost. Just like when I was a little girl, reading has filled a void.  And that's a perfect compliment to the author. Or so I think.

So bring on the books, bury me in words. I love having a good book waiting for me at the end of a long day.


1 comment:

  1. I am loving Dead until Dawn. I have the series waiting for me, one book at a time :P)

    ReplyDelete