Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cover Reveal: "Tallis" By, M.C. Rae



The Empire of Andresium is threatened by the corruption of the immortals, ancient beings given the gift of eternal life after the death of the last reigning empress. A prophecy speaks of their eventual downfall at the hands of one of their own, however. Tallis is known most simply as "The Loren", and seeks to avoid her destiny while trying herself to remain untainted by the decaying morals and indifference to the fates of men that plague her kind. As the events of the prophecy begin to unfold, Tallis finds herself conflicted between upholding her dedication to justice, and falling victim to the ramifications of following the desires of her own heart.


Title: Tallis
Series: Books of Andresium
Official Release Date: Amazon Exclusive April 17, General release July 17th
Genre: YA/Fantasy
Length: 56 PAges print/18,500 words
 Print ISBN: 978-06515610047
 Publisher: Tulipe Noire Press
 Author Website: www.authormcrae.com                                                              

Series Details: Two additional releases in the books of Andresium series will release in 2013/2014
Goodreads Review Page: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13489559-tallis


Excerpts:

Tallis’s history at the Cove did not resemble simplicity. She had always done her best to foster the dispersion of the ways of sorcery to those who possessed both the gift and sufficient determination. It was a valuable tool; it helped ensure prosperity and equality through all reaches of the empire. Still, the same sorcery taught with beneficial intent had become, much to her disappointment, an equal instrument of corruption. Often, the pupils selected to be trained were cherry-picked from the most well connected families of all the islands. After their lessons were fulfilled and upon returning home, they floated unopposed into positions of undue influence in their island’s local governments. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and magical power corrupts abhorrently.

“Lorens don’t typically show emotion, Tarameen, but we do feel,” Tallis muttered, her voice unusually quiet. “Emotions, though… I don’t know what to do with them other than to bury them. I am not practiced in the art of acting on my emotions. Yet, some of the moments when I am with you, I find myself dizzy with feeling. There are things you inspire in me that undo centuries of discipline. Your effect on me is consuming. Moments like this one now, when I am here with you and everything outside this cave and this time and this place doesn't exist in the same realm as do we, I am hijacked. My eyes refuse to drift from yours. My hand tells me touch, and I can scarcely recall my control before it has drifted away from my side. My feet carry me to you, longing to pass time which I have not, and knowing how it should be spent in meditation of what’s to come. Even now, listen to how my tongue prattles. It lays bare all these weaknesses of my resolve. My purpose has been subverted. I don’t know what to make of it. I don’t understand the use of it all. At this point in my existence, to allow myself to feel… What is the point in that? My fate is not my own. My destiny is not to seek out the longings of my own heart. I am the Loren. How can I allow myself to love?” 


“I am a creature of fate, of prophecy,” Tallis continued, perhaps sensing that he didn’t understand. “We all are to some degree. A tree may yell at the wind and want to make its way to the sea, but if it should take itself from the ground, it will die. This is something bigger than I. Maybe you have no way of understanding, as do I, just how fleeting mortal wants and ways are.”Tarameen's steely gaze stripped away logic. It fell like leaves to the ground in autumn, gathering at her feet, and if she were to advance his direction she would be obliged to trip over over her own rationalizations. “Fleeting or not," he declared, "they are still real.” 


Please consider adding this to your Good reads List and spread the word. I will be reviewing an ARC and my review will be posted during the blog tour in May. Please check back for dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment