Monday, April 23, 2012

"My Autism and Me"

Today was one of those days when I tend to ask myself why. Why have I been given this amazing challenge in my life? Why do I have to face the struggle?  D woke up on a tear and stayed that way most of the day. After weeks of being pretty stable it threw me for a loop. What caused the change? Sometimes I can never figure it out. The end of school vacation, the changes in schedule, picking up on my tension. The causes are many. It was one of those days that I like to call a wash. I overacted at first, and needed to forgive myself. It was a day when the autism took over.(Please don't be offended by that. It was just how I was feeling.)

So I was trolling the web and looking for comfort when I came across this awesome video by the BBC.  Kids telling kids what it's like to have Autism. I think we all need to take a second and watch this. It gave me some hope and inspiration when I needed it. Autism Awareness month is coming to a close. But for us it goes on forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment