Saturday, May 19, 2012

A short Contest Update





Last week I wrote about the Raymond Carver Short Story contest. I am ashamed to say I have made no progress. I don't know how I am going to do this when my plate is so full of everything else. I somehow have found myself taking over the leadership of our 4H club with my friend J and fixing the messy state that is in. I have a huge year end report to help C with. C is hitting the official pre-teen mark and has developed somewhat of an attitude. (Yah, that one is fun.) I have a huge stack of books on my desk that are waiting for reviews and blog tours, and than there is my current WIP that has hit a stalemate of sorts.  So where does the Raymond Carver fit in?

Add to that the day to day world I navigate and I wonder if I have bit off more than I can chew. Promising myself I would enter sounded good at the time.  I guess the only person I would disappoint if it didn't materialize would be myself. I just wonder how I would fair. Would I even make the cut?



No comments:

Post a Comment