Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Next Big Thing........






The awesome and ever hard working Emlyn Chand, tagged me as "The Next Big Thing" over at her blog. I am so honored and amazed she picked me, and just have to participate in this meme. Although I will never think of myself as "The Next Big Thing", I am so touched she has such faith in me. And I always love the opportunity to talk about my up coming novel. 

What is the working title of your book?
Hunting The Moon 
Where did the idea come from for the book?
It kind of came to me one night when I was thinking back to old stories my dad had told me about ghosts and faeries. Than I had a vision of this young women in a field, with someone watching her form the shadows.     
What genre does your book fall under?
Paranormal Romance
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Ha ha...I had one of my best friends in mind when I was writing Daemon's character. (he's the protagonist and really the center of the story.) I think it would have to be a up and comer. A new actor that no one really knows. I picture him like a dark haired Alexander Skarsguard .. lol  
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A young women struggles to overcome her husband's murder, and forms a relationship with an unlikely partner. 
 Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
My book is being published by Write More Publications out of Kissimmee Florida. It's a great small publishing house that combines the best of self publishing and someone to walk you through everything. I really would not want to publish any other way than Indie.  
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Ugh... two years. LOL I had the misfortune of starting it at a real emotional time in my life and it kind of was pushed to the back burner. But it really came together and flowed the last few months. 
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I would like to say some of Laura Kaye's paranormal romances, it has ghosts and angels and an emotionally tortured female lead. 
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My dad. He gave me my love of reading, he encouraged me to write, he told me ghost stories and Celtic legends, he just was a very misunderstood person. I wish he lived to see me achieve my dream. He would laugh to know I actually went in the woods and found a century old cemetery he used to tell me stories about. Just to have the final scene of my book take place there. 
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I think the mixture of ghosts, angels, a little bit of a twist, and falling in love with someone unexpected in your life will draw the reader in. Any one in the central Massachusetts area will recognize some of the location and might appreciate that old cemetery in the end. Or at least I hope so. 


So there you have it. A quick look at my book, and hopefully it will be the next big thing.  "Hunting the Moon" will be released October 2013 by Write More Publications.  And in the spirit of this "meme" let me tag a couple of great authors as The Next Big Thing!

Jamie Sue Wilsoncroft
Theresa Oliver 
J.G. Martinez 

No comments:

Post a Comment