Monday, February 25, 2013

Liebster Award



I am pleased, and humbled, to say I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by my fellow blogger, and awesome friend, Elaine White. Elaine and I worked on Novel Hearts together, and she is a fellow author at Write More Publications. Liebster means "dearest", which is so fitting when you are nominated by your peers and friends.  It works by a blogger nominating another blogger, who than nominates someone else. A friendly blogger to blogger style of award. 

How it works:

Nominated to blogger who have less than 200 followers. You post eleven facts about yourself, answer the questions posted by your nominator, pass the award on to eleven new bloggers, and pose eleven new questions to your bloggers. 

Post the badge on your blog, and notify the eleven lucky bloggers you have nominated. And don't forget to include links to the nominated blogs. Actually this is so much fun. I found out some new stuff about Elaine that makes me love her even more. She is truly one of my inspirations.  So here goes, eleven facts about me:

1. I am very shy until you get to know me.
2. I am most proud of being a mom.
3. I started writing at age 7, and my first official published work was in a local magazine my freshman year of college.
4. I am petrified of heights and tight spaces.
5. I hate amusement park rides.
6.I know my way around a cow barn. (Don't ask)
7. I love ice cream.
8.I always have a book with me.
9. I am addicted to my i-phone.
10.I love classic cars.
11. I sadly suffer from low self esteem. (But I think a lot of authors do.)

Questions I was asked: 

1.Do you have a light side or a dark side?
A dark side, but I hide it real well ;)

2.Who is your intended audience and why should they read your blog?
My audience is really book reading moms. I try to throw a little bit of my life raising my sons in here every now and than, and I focus on YA and Literary Fiction books.  they should read it to find out what books are hot, and I always try to give positive reviews.

3.What is the most amusing thing that has happened to you?
Well, let's just say it goes back to that cow barn and it's going to stay there. ;)

4.If your life was made into a movie who do you picture playing you?
Vivian Leigh, but that would be hard because I don't know if ghosts show up on film. 

5.Vanilla or Chocolate?
Chocolate! Hello!! 

6.Any deep dark secrets you would admit to your readers? 
Wait to read my fourth book. It's titled Juniper Knoll, and it's kind of autobiographical. 

7.Who is your favorite book character?
Lady Chatterley. I can't help it, there is just something about her that keeps bringing me back. 

8.What is the strangest thing you have ever done in your life?  
Did I mention the cow barn.. ;)

9.Do you prefer films or books? 
Books. I like the way I imagine the characters. 

10.What's your favorite color?
Purple

11.If you could have any pet in the world, fantasy or real, what would it be? 
A koala. It is my life long dream to go to Australia and hold one. 

Thanks to Elaine for nominating me. Go check out her blog at: http://ellelainey.wordpress.com/ she is an amazing woman and fantastic writer. 
My nominees are: 

http://alicewisler.blogspot.com/

http://twimom101bookblog.blogspot.com/

http://jswilsoncroft.blogspot.com/

http://wiccanwrites.blogspot.com/

http://thewiccalife.blogspot.com/

And for you guys I am asking the same questions as above. Have fun with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment