Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Guest Post: Serenity Woods


Six Naughty Nights (Love in Reverse, #2)

 So today I am turning over the blog to a guest post by Serenity Woods, it's a continuation of yesterday's post when we reveled her fantastic book Six Naughty Nights. Keep reading to find the surprising inspiration behind this book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hi, I’m Serenity and I’m here to tell you about Six Naughty Nights, my new release from Samhain Publishing, which is the second in my Love in Reverse series. It’s the follow up to Seven Sexy Sins and it features Toby, a friend of the hero in SSS. You don’t have to have read SSS to enjoy the book (but if you’d like to catch up first, you can find out more about it, including all its lovely reviews, on my website.)

It was actually my hubby who came up with the idea for the book. When we were younger (like, twenty years younger, LOL!) I’m embarrassed to admit that we actually owned a game similar to the Six Naughty Nights in the story. Like the one that Toby and Esther play in the book, our game consisted of a separate deck of cards for men and women, each with a scenario or role-play idea to spice up your love life. Clearly it made an impression on hubby, who can still remember some of the scenarios many years later!

Speaking of hubby, you asked me what inspires me the most with regard to writing. I appreciate that some of you may be rolling your eyes in disbelief here, but I have to say hubby really is the inspiration behind all my heroes. Maybe that’s why readers often say my characters are so real. They’re not perfect (the characters, not the readers.) Himself once said to me not long after I met him, “I have no idea why you love me, I burp and fart like any other guy.” He has a temper, he gets frustrated with computers and cars when they don’t work, and he never picks up his socks.

But just like the heroes in my stories, he’s sexy, kind, considerate and gentle, and I figure that if I’ve had so many happy years with him, it’s no bad thing to base the men in my romances on him :-) I don’t like harsh alpha males. Who on earth would fall for a guy who barely casts a glance in their direction? I love sexy beta males, those who are self-deprecating and funny, who are warm-hearted and considerate, but who still like to take charge in the bedroom. These are real men. And even if you’re an arrogant alpha fan, I challenge you not to fall for them :-)

Serenity x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serenity makes a great point. Lately the romance stories I have been reading, and writing, are based on guys who are real. And really it makes the books that much sexier. Think about it, you can open yourself to the idea that it's best to love with all the imperfections we have. These characters are like us. With all our insecurities and real life troubles.  We don't have to sit and wait for that perfect alpha male to show up on our door. Even hopeless romantics like myself can appreciate that. Love comes in all shapes and sizes, and I am so glad authors are writing realistic male characters into their romances. Not just the dashing rogue who controls the woman as she becomes helpless in his arms. 

So another great reason to pick up Six Naughty Nights, you will fall in love with Toby just like I did. Click on the book above to buy Six Naughty Nights.
Serenity WoodsSerenity Woods lives in the sub-tropical Northland of New Zealand with her wonderful husband and gorgeous teenage son. She writes fun, flirty, and sexy romances in a variety of romantic sub-genres. She’s won several writing competitions and is a member of the Romance Writers of New Zealand. She would much rather immerse herself in reading or writing romance than do the dusting and ironing, which is why it’s not a great idea to pop round if you have any allergies. You can check out all her books at www.serenitywoodsromance.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment