Thursday, September 19, 2013

And here is my review......

"Yes. that's passion, not love. Passion fades. And once it does, your left taking care of someone you can barley stand, suffering through hard times, putting up with each other, trying to make each other  happy when you're not even happy yourself."~~~~ Kiss Me in Paris


I choose to start my review with that quote for the plain and simple reason that it resonates with me. It stuck with me. And it's a prime example of how subtlety profound this novel can be.

There are very few books I can truly say I think of every day. I can count them on one hand, they stand together, apart from the hundreds of other books I have read.  They make me want to be a better writer. To touch people in that way. This is one of them.

Winter Deveaux. Cade Savage. Two lost souls who find themselves, and each other, in the romantic back drop of Paris. You can easily say it has been done before. But not in this way. Not in this heart wrenchingly honest way. Not with touching on so many different topics and levels, and blending them so seamlessly. No it hasn't been done before.

This could have easily been a book about Winter. About her heartache, about her search for her lost innocence. About how to overcome abuse and shame. About how to not give up on your dream. It could have easily been about Cade. About family relationships, about conditions and expectations. About finding your own way and leaving home. It cold have taken the easy way out. But it never did.

It combined the two and confronted them head on. It reached a level of intimacy and authenticity I had yet to find in a new adult novel. It gave us deep and honest young adult characters and put then in a very believable real world setting. Without sacrificing the heat and romance we have come to know and love from Karpov Kinrade. It easily could have jumped the divide of genre and bordered on literary fiction, just like Winter set out to do.

And I'm trying hard not to give you any spoilers.. :)

You're going to have to trust me on this. By my third read through I was still reeling and trying to figure out how to write this review and not give it all away. I was still drying my tears. It's a grown up read, a heartfelt, gut wrenching read, and one that will stick with you. This one sits in my all time favorites spot. Right next to Torn Together, Charlinder's Walk, and In Leah's Wake.

Scroll down to my next post to get all the info on Kiss Me in Paris. Buy links, Bios, and some other great reviews....... 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful review, Rebecca! Thank you so much for being a part of the tour! It was a pleasure having you!

    Best,

    Anne Chaconas, Badass Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure being on it. I love these two so much and all their work. Look forward to the whole series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thank you so much for this amazing review. We're so thrilled you loved our book this much! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by Kimberly. This book was easy to love..

    ReplyDelete