Monday, October 21, 2013

Book Review: Kelly Elliot's Faithful


No matter how faithful love can be…it takes only one moment to change it all. After Heather Lambert’s parents died in a tragic car accident her senior year of high school, she refuses to let anyone into her heart for fear of being hurt again. Focusing only on school to follow her dreams of becoming an elementary school teacher, the last thing Heather intends to do is fall in love with Josh Hayes. Josh knows the moment he lays eyes on Heather that she is the one he’s been waiting for. During months of obstacles and denied feelings, he is rejected by her time and time again. When he finally wins her love, Josh and Heather start planning their future together…until Heather receives one bit of news she never wanted to hear again. There has been a car accident. Josh wakes up with no memory of Heather, and his ex-girlfriend, Victoria, is his nurse. Heather must decide if she’ll risk being hurt again and fight for the one man she loves with all her heart. Will Josh remember Heather when she needs him the most? Or will Victoria take advantage of this opportunity, pushing Heather away from Josh for good?

Faithful is the third book in the Wanted series by Kelly Elliott. And while I loved the first two book, I absolutely devoured this one. At times my heart was in my throat. In fact at one point I tweeted her and said.. "I had to read ahead to make sure things worked out." I admit I am in love with the characters, the story line and the simple nature of love this series presents. Anyone who says the characters are immature, they swear too much, well you were twenty once too. I read all kinds of books, and when I want romance, I want it sweet and easy. Just like Elliott writes.

The story continues the lives of the group of friends we meet in Wanted. In fact this one does veer of with eight different POV's. I love that, you get to see the story from all angles. That is how I write when I write first person. But at the same time, I feel like some of it was rushed to get all the story lines in. Each could have been a good full length book on their own. From drug abuse, to memory loss, to cheating, we saw it all. But I won't complain, I love the characters and I wish I still had a group of core girlfriends to have my back like that. This is simple escape romance at it's best. With a little humor, drama and grit to tie it all together.

My favorite characters continue to be Ari and Jeff. The give and take between them is hilarious, and the spunk of Ari never gets old. That romantic sap Gunner is still there, and who doesn't like to hear sweet nothings whispered in their ear. But the stars of this book to me are Amanda and Brad. Their chapters could have easily filled a book of their own. They were the ones who captivated me. And while her forgiveness came a little fast, he did put her through hell, I could see why she forgave him. I would love to see that dynamic explored more. Of course these characters wrap up nicely and weave their ways into our hearts. They are spunky, fun and written to be that way. I'm not ashamed to say I am in love with this series.

I'm going to say you won't waste your money on this one. Curl up with hot chocolate on a cool fall night, and prepare to loose yourself in some easy ready romance. I'm giving this one 4 1/2 stars and will certainly come back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment