Sunday, November 3, 2013

Interview with J.G. Martinez.....

Today I have an interview for you with the talented J.G. Martinez, author of Destined Oracle. This is part of our Write More Publications blog tour series and has some great prizes attached. So be sure to read till the end...... 

About Destined Oracle:

With evil corrupting even the ranks of angels, the one to save the world doesn't know of what she is capable.

At three years old, her Mother hid her in the human world from the realm of magic and from those who wished to thwart her destiny. After her last remaining relative on her father's side passes away, her mother decided to return her daughter to the magic world where she belongs.

With the forces of evil building an army, will Savina find the power and strength to do what she was born to do? Or will the forces of evil finish what it began years before and destroy her?

 
 
   I love the supernatural world in Destined Oracle. Where did your inspiration come from?

  I have always loved the supernatural and fantasy world of other people’s imagination, and it seemed natural for me to come up with my own. Growing up, instead of wanting to be a princess, I wanted to be a vampire! As for my world in Destined Oracle, it came from a few inspirations. One was a dream I had that, in detail, gave me the layout of the O’ Hayden estate! At the time I was drawn into the Twilight and Harry Potter world so I am sure that influenced the dream I had!

 
   Is there any part of Savina in you? She is a great character.

   Of course! Savina’s natural way to jump in, figure things out and save the day, or at least try, is something I am always doing. I think we can all relate as we each search within ourselves and try to figure out who we are - like Savina does in the story. 
 

    When you write are you more a planner, or a fly by the seat of your pants girl?

  Well, for Destined Oracle, it flew right out of me. My mind didn’t give me enough time to plan. I just started one day and literally couldn’t stop until the entire thing was finished and the way I liked it!

 

    When did you start writing?

  I have been writing my entire life! But it wasn’t until I got inspiration from some very wonderful ladies on the internet that I set out to put my stories altogether and out there so others could read.

 

   How many books do you envision writing in Savina’s world?

 It has always been only two books. But who knows, maybe in the future, a character from the Savina world will branch off and create their own way!

 

   Now for some fun questions…… J Pizza or a home cooked meal?

  Always home cooked meal! I have two main cultures in my family so there are a lot of favorite family cuisines! From Spanish food to Cajun! There is a wide variety there and I can cook up a fantastic Gumbo or Tamales!

 

    What do you like to do when you are not writing?

  Read other books! Plus, I am kid at heart so I sometimes get caught up in a good video game or two.

 

    What kind of books do you like, and who is your favorite author?

 My favorite books are fantasy, supernatural and anything else along that genre! As for my favorite author, it’s not really a fair question because I have too many I love all the same and could never just narrow it down to only one!

 

    If Destined Oracle were made into a movie, who would you like to play your two main characters?

 I have thought of that from time to time and it really is hard to pick just one person for each part. You have to take into consideration the age of the actors at the time of filming so if it were to be filmed right now, I would have to say, for Savina’s character, I really see someone like Britt Robertson playing her.

For Michael, well, that one was hard so I narrowed it down to Chase Crawford, Zac Effron, or Bradley James. I am torn on all of them.

I know you only asked for the two main characters but the others are just as important to me as well and I just couldn’t help myself!

For Marcus I choose J. D. Pardo or Tyler Blackburn.

For Atrina: Dove Carmen or Gabriella Wilde

For Aeddan: Alexander Ludwig

For Audrey: Victoria Justice

For Gabriel: Chirs Hemsworth or Channing Tatum

For Travis: Shiloh Fernandez or Tyler Hoechlin

And for Lilith I really like Elizabeth Gillies for that part, but I also like Vanessa Marano or India Eisley!

 
           Music or no music when you are writing?

 Trailer Music! Absolutely! On my playlists I have Two Steps From Hell, Position Music, Audio Machine, Posthaste Music, Immediate Music, Ivan Torrent, and Future World Music!

 I put that on play and I am in my own world!

 
Thanks J.G.!!! You can find Destined Oracle on Amazon, Smashwords and Barnes and Nobel. Follow her on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/JGMartinez and be sure to enter the Rafflecopter below
 
http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/837bcf8/" rel="nofollow">a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment