Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Top Books Of 2013



My intention was to write a great post with my top ten favorite books of 2013. I was going to make it all fancy, and have little graphics, and really make it pop.

My intention.

My reality?

My reality is, like my resolutions every other year, that my good intentions get derailed by the chaos that is my life. The post fell to the weigh side with all the holiday frenzy and the challenges of life. But I am not going to dwell on it. I won't write some rambling piece about how hard it is to write books and parent an erratic autistic child. Because I think you guys get that. And this place is kind of my sanctuary. My escape from that every day world.

So instead I will give you the concise list of the books of 2013 that have stayed with me. The ones I can't get out of my mind. The ones that challenge me and inspire me. They might not be the next world and peace. They are all Indie authors. They are the books that were honest, raw and deserving of mention. They are the woman I aspire to be like. A couple are NYT best sellers, a couple are diamonds in the rough, but they are all books you really need to read if you haven't already.

Here are MY picks for the best Indie books of 2013: (Click on the title to be taken to the original review)

Thou Shalt Not Kill by Theresa Oliver
   In Thou Shalt Not Kill, Catholic high school students are faced with a decision: do I kill to save my life and the lives of others or not, even at the cost of my own life? Casey Nichols and her friends are forced to answer this questions after finding themselves in the middle of WWIII when their school, their city, and their country are overrun by terrorists. The decisions they make have consequences, but can they live with the choices they make? Derek saves Casey’s life, but will another steal her heart? In Thou Shalt Not Kill, some will live, some will die ... all choose to fight. When all hell breaks loose, which path will you choose?

When the Heart Falls (Formally Kiss Me In Paris) By Karpov Kinrade

Winter Deveaux knows pain. She knows fear. She knows heartache. What she doesn't know is love. Which is a real problem for someone trying to write a romance novel. When a chance to spend a summer in Paris promises her a cure to her writer's block, she packs her bags, never suspecting that the source of her darkest secret will follow her across the world.

Wanted, Saved, and Faithful  by, Kelly Elliott

Yep, the wanted series by Kelly Elliott. The whole dang series. Love her raw, honest style of writing. Love her characters and her take on life. Love the way she unapologetically writes from her heart. There is a reason she hit the NYT bestseller list.

Hard As It Gets by, Laura Kaye

The one non Indie book on this list, but she started as an Indie like the rest of us. Laura Kaye writes military heroes like we dream about. Realism, feeling, love, and honesty. they all radiate from her writing. I could list all her books on here, but this one is tops.

Forgetting Tyra Deets by Molly Bryant

A self published gem, that diamond in the rough. This book has a spin and plot twist that hits you out of no where. But it works. It makes you sit back and say wow. You have to check this one out. Original and certainly like nothing you have read.

There you have it. The books that stuck with me and made me think. Books that you certainly need to check out. what were your stick with you reads of 2013?


No comments:

Post a Comment