Monday, July 21, 2014

Short Stories: Snow of Blood

A few months ago I did a blog post on the value of short stories for the indie author. Great exposure, the chance to get your work in the hands of new readers for a great price, and it helps you sharpen your writing skills.

Since than I had the pleasure of starting to embark on a new aspect of my writing career, editing. With that new avenue I had the chance to edit a fantastic short story by Blaze McRob, Snow of Blood.

Blaze is not new to the literary world. He has released many stories and books under different pseudonyms, and is a prolific blogger and publisher. He specializes in horror, and boy does he spin one hell of a good tale.   The creepier the better, Blaze is not afraid to push the boundaries of contemporary horror in his writing. Artfully mixing erotica and horror, and all genre bending themes in between.

Snow of Blood is no exception.

It's short fourteen pages is a macabre look into the world of zombies, where zombies feast on the whole body, and animals get caught up in the mix. He is not afraid to touch on the real life situations that survivors would face in a actual zombie invasion. If such a thing was possible. As the editor of the book I can't really give you an unbiased review, I just encourage you to take a look, and get caught up in the insanity that is Blaze McRob.

Dealing with zombies is bad enough, but when you have to fight off zombie cows ... well things get a little insane at that point

http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Blood-Blaze-McRob-ebook/dp/B00LWHIM96/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405992809&sr=8-2&keywords=snow+of+blood
Blaze McRob has penned many titles under different names. It is time for him to come out and play as Blaze.

In addition to inclusions in numerous anthologies, he has written many novels, short stories, flash fiction pieces, and even poetry. Most of his offerings are Dark. However dark they might be, there is always an underlying message contained within.

Join him as he explores the Dark side. You know you want to.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for such a nice post, my editor. As your readers should know, you not only edit my short stories, but we collaborate on a number of other editing endeavors, including a number of novels. What I like is how we both bring out the best in each other. I enjoy a duo editing collaboration.

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Blaze. :) I agree whole heartedly, and it's a great learning experience for me

      Delete