Thursday, November 6, 2014

November's Cold.....

If you are a regular follower of this blog you will know that I try to stay away from the political. I focus on books, occasionally my boys,  and a bit of history now and than. But November is here. The sky is gray and cold, with hints of snow on the horizon. The holidays are sneaking up on us, and the news has had all kinds of horrific things on it. Things that break my heart.

Veteran's Day is around the corner. I'm releasing a short piece of military fiction, like I did on Memorial Day, to honor Veteran's everywhere, and especially my dad. A Vietnam veteran who I lost fifteen years ago to cancer. His birthday also happens to be that same day. Veterans and Autistic kids are two causes I will always fight for. I will fight to make sure my dad did not die in vain. I will fight to make sure my son is always treated as a person, a whole person entitled to the rights my dad fought to preserve.

I am not going to mention the news piece that's weighing heavy on my mind. Too many people already have, and some spoke way more eloquently on it than I ever could. To speak of it further just gives it more validation, validation it doesn't need.

Don't just brag about forgiveness and thankfulness on social media. Practice it every day, in real life, in quiet humility. Bring warmth to your heart in the clutches of November's cold. Practicing mindfulness, and manifesting happiness, has done wonders for my mood.  Focusing on the true priorities helps clear your head.

Life is fleeting, hold on to it. Make the most of every November day....


No comments:

Post a Comment