Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pledge To Thrive

 
Fireworks over Boston in 2012
 

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

 
 
Here we are again, the end of a year, the end of another journey around the sun. Did 2014 go as you planned? I have learned that plans are man's attempt to control what we can't control. In other words, my plans never go accordingly. But all in all, I can't complain too much about the year.
 
I loved. we lost someone too young and too special. We gained ground, and we lost some ground with D's progress.  I saw Chan mature and excel beyond my wildest dreams. I am so proud of the man he is becoming. I published two more novellas, Panel 35 and The Shadow Soldier, and finished up Midnight Raven. I started a new job, got a new car, and found a new apartment. I made some great new friends, and found some new spiritual tools. I learned a little more about myself, and maybe grew a bit.
 
Now that I look back on it, 2014 has had more highs than lows.
 
Once again there are things I wish I had done different, made better choices, and maybe stepped back a time or two and said; "Is this the step I should be taking?" But those are lessons to carry into the future.
 
What do I wish for 2015?
 
Well, peace, perspective and tolerance. Too practice kindness in my day to day life. And set a better example for my kids.
 
I realized 2015 was the year I turn forty. Now granted I just turned thirty nine in November, so I have a whole year to take in the last days of my thirties. But that scares the hell out of me. Where is my time going?  When I turned twenty, all those twenty years ago, forty seemed like a lifetime away. Something that wasn't really tangible, but now, now it's knocking on my door like a pesty salesman. And I want none of it's wares.  So I want 2015 to be a little bit kinder to me. Let me enjoy my last year of my thirties with a little less struggle, and a lot more bliss. Let me live in the moment, let go of toxic relationships, and just do more than survive.
 
I want to thrive in 2015.
 
I want to finally grow up in the coming year, yet still be young.
 
I want to write two specific books in 2015, and release them after Midnight Raven, for a total of three releases in 2015. That's not a resolution. That's a goal. A fortieth birthday present to myself.
 
I want to live. Love. Thrive.
 
I want to find peace in the simple things.
 
I want to great forty with a smile, not a stressed out heart.
 
And I want to be a better person than I have been.
 

Happy New Year to you and yours. Pledge to thrive.

 
... outlined by colourful fiery sparklers on a dark New Year's Eve night

No comments:

Post a Comment