Sunday, December 7, 2014

What I'm Reading Now......

As a working mother, and a writer, it's hard to fit time into read. My TBR pile is a mile high between paper copies and my chuck full kindle. I want to devour them all, but alas, I have to budget my time. Right now though I have three books I am reading and one or two more in my cue.

So what does an author read when they have the time to read? Well these great titles of course. A mix of traditional publishing and indie offerings, but all of them hard to put down.

East of Ecstasy by Laura Kaye
Annalise Fallston made peace with postponing her big-city dreams to care for her ill father, but lately she's been filled with a restlessness not even her beloved painting dispels. Worse, the colors don't speak to her as they always have, and all her efforts produce dark, foreboding images of a dangerous man and a terrifying future. 
 
Devlin Eston, black-souled son of the evil Anemoi Eurus, is the only one who can thwart his father's plan to overthrow the Supreme God of Wind and Storms. But first, Dev must master the unstable powers he's been given. Distrusted and shunned by his own divine family, he never expected to find kindness and passion in the arms of a mortal.
 
But Devlin's love puts Annalise in the path of a catastrophic storm, and in the final Armageddon showdown between the Anemoi and Eurus, sacrifices will be made, hearts broken, and lives changed forever...or lost. 
 
Tell Me You Want Me Forever by Amelia James
 
Notorious heartbreaker Austin Sinclair vowed he’d never fall in love, but all that changed when he met his Janie. They’re living their happily ever after… until an unexpected threat tears them apart.
Austin is desperate to get Janie back, but fails miserably. He’s said ‘I love you’ so often, Janie doesn’t care anymore, and getting her in his bed to prove it seems impossible. His old life beckons. Could he be that guy again?

Jane scored big when she landed Austin, but now she faces a temptation she never expected—one that makes her question what she really wants from love. Staying in a relationship with him requires all the strength she has. She’s tired, and giving in to someone else would be so easy.
Each of them hopes that something will change, that the other will give in, but it’s going to take both of them—together—to overcome this obstacle. Can they make their love last forever? Or has their fight been for nothing?

Reawakening by Lisa McCourt Hollar

Francine has not only discovered that there is a paranormal world around her, one that includes angels, werewolves, witches, and evil spirits, (along with a few good,) but that she was born into that world. Why was this kept a secret from her for the last 16 years? What happened to her parents when she was 3? Did they really die in a tragic car accident, or was it something more? And what is with this new hunger she has?
 
So that's what I'm reading. Look forward to the reviews. They will be coming. I have also read so many other great books that I have had the privilege of editing, and working on, for my publisher Visionary Press Collaborative, that I can't review or tell you about yet.  The amount of quality writing and imagination out there never ceases to amaze me. So even though the blog may be quiet, the wheels are still spinning. The boys may have me super busy, but the books are always by my side.

1 comment: