Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Book Review: Reawakening by Lisa McCourt Holler

Hi everybody. I know, I know; I have been gone for a while. I guess my busy life has just gotten away from me. But I want to thank you all for the views. My humble blog keeps growing and growing. I promise to be back with more regularity.

So today I am here with a review of the book Reawakening by Lisa McCourt Holler. This is a great YA read with a new spin on vampires and werewolves. Take a look:

http://www.amazon.com/Reawakening-Lisa-McCourt-Hollar/dp/1505221293/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429149792&sr=8-1&keywords=reawakening+lisa+hollar


Francine has not only discovered that there is a paranormal world around her, one that includes angels, werewolves, witches, and evil spirits, (along with a few good,) but that she was born into that world. Why was this kept a secret from her for the last 16 years? What happened to her parents when she was 3? Did they really die in a tragic car accident, or was it something more? And what is with this new hunger she has?

What Holler does amazingly well in this book is take a plot and topic that we all know, and make it her own. While the formula could have been stale, it held my interest with all the little plot twists and turns it takes. (Think Harry Potter meets Twilight, meets a little teen angst.) The characters are multi dimensional, well developed, and genuine.

My favorite character wasn't Francine, I found her a little whiney, it was the werewolf Debbie. Debbie not only adds comic relief, but a lot of heart in my opinion. She is spunky and fun, just like a werewolf should be. And Hunter. I must add he is the perfect tortured vampire. Sexy and disheveled with just the right amount of vulnerability.

All in all this is a perfect book for the YA crowd looking to spice up their vampire lore. Another spot on offering from Visionary Press. I look forward to the sequel, Reverberations.  

Reawakening can be found on Amazon and Smashwords. Lisa McCourt Hollar is the mother of three daughters and one son, ages 18 years all the way down to one year. She has spent her years working and writing in her spare time. Now a stay at home mom she devotes her time to raising her children and working on her writing. She hopes to become wildly rich and famous so her husband can retire but will settle for knowing others are enjoying her stories.


Be sure to check back. My TBR pile is huge, and I promise more reviews and book news. Have any books you would like me to feature? Email me at rebeccaboucher6@gmail.com

Review copies are also available for my books, Hunting The Moon, and Midnight Raven. If you are a blogger interested in reviewing them, email me at the above address as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment