What I'm Reading

 Hi All, what's everyone reading? I am so excited to finally get a couple books I have been itching to read. So, my TBR pile for November is looking very full. Check out these two books, I'll be back to let you know what I think after I get them read. :) 


First is, Tales of Two Planets; Stories Of Climate Change And Inequality In A Divided Word, Edited by John Freeman. This one is pretty heavy reading. I am a climate change believer, and even took a class this spring on line from the Harvard School of Public Health on climate change and it's effects on global health. ( I didn't post on Facebook, or talk about it because everything seems to spark controversy these days. But, it was an immensely interesting non credit course, and very eye opening.) I can't wait to dig into this one. It is filled with essays, poems, and articles, from people like Margaret Atwood and Lauren Groff, and covers different communities around the world and how climate change is, and will, effect them. Inequality is a driving factor in a lot of global issues, impacting everything from how we live to how we vote. Well worth the read. 


Building from his acclaimed anthology Tales of Two Americas, beloved writer and editor John Freeman draws together a group of our greatest writers from around the world to help us see how the environmental crisis is hitting some of the most vulnerable communities where they live


The next book is Etched In Shadow Hill Cemetery by Jocelyn Dorgan and Sandy Fairbanks. I have been wanting to read this book for forever. Sandy Fairbanks is a local author, from Ware Massachusetts, and the book is set in North Brookfield MA where I lived for 4 years. It's a coming of age story set in the 70's but covers a lot of topics relevant to today. It came highly recommended, and I'm super excited. 




Now I just need to figure out which one to read first! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction